2006 Nisswa-stämman instrumental workshops
Scandinavian instrumental workshops, featuring top level musicians from Sweden, Norway and Finland, will take place on June 9, 2006 in Nisswa, Mn. These workshops are offered in conjunction with Nisswa-stamman Scandinavian Folkmusic festival, June 9, 10, 2006. The sessions will start at 10 a.m. and continue until 3 p.m., with a lunch break in the middle. Students should be at intermediate levels and able or willing to learn tunes by ear. Cost for the sessions will be ~ $20 per each 2 hour session, or $35 for two sessions. (from the same teacher). The 'musicians lunch' will consist of cold cuts, fruit, etc and cost an extra $5. Please contact Paul Wilson for more details on these workshops and to sign up - firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-764-2994.
This year, there are 6 workshops! Please sign up early! - and indicate if you would be willing to shift to an alternative workshop if the one you are signing up for doesn't attract enough musicians to make a financially viable workshop.
Click on each musician to take a look at their bio/info page:
1. Pioneer Village - Magnus Gustafsson/Anders Svensson (Zorn medal fiddler) - Smålands style, slängpolskor
2. Pioneer Village - Christer Odén (Zorn medal fiddler) (Brodéns Kapell) - Sörmlands style, slängpolskor
3. Pioneer Village - Ola Brostam (Brodéns Kapell) - Swedish nyckelharpa
4. Timberhouse - Petter Eide (Einar Eimhjellens Gammaldans Orkester) - western Norway flat fiddle and/or hardanger tunes depending on demand
5. Timberhouse - Einer Eimhjellen (Einar Eimhjellens Gammaldans Orkester) - western Norway button accordion (torader) tunes - G/C box
6. Timberhouse - Maarit Kyllönen (Meiskarit) - Finnish fiddling
Take a look at the 2005 workshop page.
Take a look at some shots from the 2004 workshops with the Järvelä family of Kaustinen, Finland, > 2004 workshops.
All workshops will be held in the Nisswa area....some at the old Swedish Timber House on Gull Lake (seed directions below) and others at the Pioneer Village in Nisswa (site of the stämma)